POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Revisiting the MandelBulb : Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:23:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Revisiting the MandelBulb
From: MichaelJF
Date: 8 Apr 2015 01:40:02
Message: <web.5524bedc2501f65b377d9d4f0@news.povray.org>
> Fascinating indeed. I wonder: has the mandelbulb code as used by Sam
> Benge in particular ever been posted here? And how about those by Scott,
> James Holsenback, or PM2Ring? Possibly those were not pure POV-Ray codes
> but only rendered here. I don't remember.
>
> --
> Thomas

Thank you Thomas. I'm just playing around. Works about mandelbulbs by James
Holsenback or Samuel Benge are unknown to me and Google (the search engine
within the newsgroups) yields nothing about mandelbulbs and their names. The
only other POV-code I've noticed so far is using df3-files as function pattern
within an isosurface (PM2Ring and others). But their df3 is generated outside of
POV. In fact I'm searching for a special view but I fear I can only tell after
I've found it.

Here is a fifth order mandelbulb using the positive z-component method as Paul
Nylander (a.k.a. bugman) put it. Lighting and background adopted from Tor Olav
Kristensen. I added only a little bit of radiosity. The texture is very simple
in this case (color Cyan).

Best regards,
Michael

Post a reply to this message