POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trying to create a border line using gradient : Trying to create a border line using gradient Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:45:38 EDT (-0400)
  Trying to create a border line using gradient
From: Fernando Souza
Date: 3 Mar 2015 22:05:01
Message: <web.54f6756c28f40dba8762ec0@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I'm trying the apply a border line look like in both vertical and horizontal
border of a square:

#declare black = texture {
     pigment {color rgb <0,0,0> }
}

#declare Cor1_1 = texture {
   uv_mapping pigment { image_map { jpeg
"C:\ARQUIV~2\VBFILE~1\PR6DB9~1\Comum\Maps\BRANCO10.JPG" }}
   finish {phong 0 brilliance .3
   }
}

#declare Cor1x = texture {
     gradient x
     texture_map {
         [0.00 black]
         [3.003003E-02 Cor1_1]
     }
     scale 333
}

#declare Cor1 = texture {
     gradient y
     texture_map {
         [0.00 black]
         [3.003003E-02 Cor1x]
     }
     scale 333
}

Then I apply the Cor1 texture to my mesh, but it turns completely black.
But when I apply the Cor1x instead, it works, but of course, it only shows the
horizontal line.

My goal is to draw a line on the four borders, over a image_map.

Is it possible? My approach is right?

Thanks!