POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lego renders using MODO : Re: Lego renders using MODO Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:11:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego renders using MODO
From: MichaelJF
Date: 24 Feb 2015 15:45:01
Message: <web.54ece24880625e3250e2cbc30@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3C51a7b9c2%40news.povray.org%3E/lego_minifigures_3d.png

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Reuben
> =====================================
> Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
> http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego
> =====================================

Hi Reuben,

yes the renderings at the LDraw forum looks really nice. I'm not sure, but I
think first subsurface scattering is in use there to a small amount and second
blurred reflection. The first is implemented in POV 3.7 now, the latter can be
simulated in POV with averaged textures or parametrized with the unofficial
version UberPOV. May be you look at this new features. Unfortunatelly I'm not an
expert at this issues to give further guidance. I can only give you this poor
hints.

Best regards,
Michael