POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blender exporter now features smoke simultation export via DF3 : Re: Blender exporter now features smoke simultation export via DF3 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 22:57:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blender exporter now features smoke simultation export via DF3
From: LanuHum
Date: 22 Feb 2015 09:45:01
Message: <web.54e9ea82d9092e537a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > "Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > Here is the first test of smoke simulation export from Blender exporter to
> > > POV-Ray... no need to set up a texture, settings used are just domain's
> > > resolution so far. have fun !
> >
> > That's good!
> > If you still nodes and a preview of materials take from me, perhaps, the Povray
> > developers will offer us a fast render of hair, having thought up alternative of
> > sphere_sweep
> > I want to add to the exporter the Povray bicubic_patch editor, using PyQt
>
> Your node work would already be merged if it did not scrap away other features
> of the exporter (texture channels). Could you try to merge it again? I would
> love to add it to the source. If you don't do it yourself, I will probably do it
> one day, but it's not high on my priority list because I plann to support basic
> features first, while nodes are more of a luxury alternative to add after these.
> Also i'm currently satisfied with the Spheresweep solution, since it's been
> proven in an experimental pov build that even the request to UV map along strand
> length could be supported, and my tests show that even more hair can be pulled
> out this way than Blender internal or Cycles way. The current slowness of the
> exporter is partly due to the exporter  being full Python, and with any other
> pov method used to render hair downstream, the export process will probably stay
> just as long, to loop through each point of each individual hair. What would be
> needed to speed up the export process (for hair as well as sculpted mesh, etc.)
> is a geometry export using Cycles hardcoded method rather than Python. I think
> the povray linking library was even made for that purpose, and could play well
> with real time rendering in te viewport  But I, for one, only know Python and
> not even that well.
> of course if POV devs find a more efficient way to handle hair I'd b glad, but I
> would rather request to them a tangent space normal maps feature, catmull clark
> subdivision, texture based micro polygons displacement, Ptex, alchemy mesh
> support, ... ;)
>

> About Bicubic modeling, your work looks good, and would definitely be a killer
> feature but I think it would be better to plan using Blender's GUI rather than
> an external GUI engine, since Blender has Bezier/Nurbs patches, and an Open GL
> GUI that could be used to that purpose, if only a way to snap bezier handles on
> each others was scripted, then the curve network could be exported.
>
> Have a look at version 0.3 (no further) of JPATCH, which is open source: this is
> exactly the kind of interaction Blender would benefit from for precise hard
> surface modeling. note that it supports 5 points patches which 3DS max still
> doesn't!
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jpatch/jpatch_0_3.zip?download
> [...]

I badly understood, but, I will try to answer :)
When you ask the Povray developers something to add in a renderer, they suggest
to learn C ++
Therefore, I take that is.
And there is bug in caustic from a mesh.
Therefore I decided to pass to modeling of glass objects by means of
bicubic_patch, which into Povray only 4 x 4
Other programs build nurbs X x Y, Povray only 4 x 4
It is difficult to create object from such patches in the Blender therefore I
decided to use PyQt to add the necessary tools for simplification.
I don't know how to use for this purpose of bgl.
I found an example of integration of the Blender with PyQt, the window is
started from the Blender, directly communicating without export/import
It can't be reached with the Java :(

About hair:
It is unacceptable for animation of sphere_sweep.
Long time of a render, not parsing, but render

About nodes code here:
https://github.com/Lanuhum/BlendPov-alternative