POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bordered Characters : Bordered Characters Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:16:45 EDT (-0400)
  Bordered Characters
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 20 Feb 2015 21:30:00
Message: <web.54e7eca4fdaac7ff954814c00@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

Since I started using POV-Ray quite some time ago I always wanted to use more
interesting fonts. I was very excited when support was added for True Type fonts
but I still wanted to be able to add borders and bevels to the fonts. Therefore
I have made a simple Arial font that has borders. If I had planned ahead better
I see now that I could have added the ability to make various types of bevels as
well. Maybe I'll re-do the characters someday with that capability. For now,
though, there are still many interesting variations that can be made with the
bordered characters. I will post some example pictures below. If anyone is
interested I will post the source code as well.

The picture attached to this post is a bumper sticker design. The background and
characters required separate lighting so the characters were set to "no_image"
while the background was rendered, then the characters were rendered with a
transparent background.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'zombieinvasion.jpg' (129 KB)