POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : make on RasPi2 (ARMv7) fails on bezier.cpp:858 bezier_subpatch_intersect() : Re: make on RasPi2 (ARMv7) fails on bezier.cpp:858 bezier_subpatch_interse= Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: make on RasPi2 (ARMv7) fails on bezier.cpp:858 bezier_subpatch_interse=
From: kolloid
Date: 16 Feb 2015 12:50:01
Message: <web.54e22c92fbde8106b60834bb0@news.povray.org>
"JBeale" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "kolloid" <tom### [at] sobotanet> wrote:
> > Yes, indeed, the same happened to me. Looks like the latest committer (c-lipka?)
> > introduced changes in sources/backend/shape/bezier.cpp but forgot to update
> > bezier.h
> > Tom
>
> Thank you very much!  I was in a hurry and didn't realize this was an
> unstable/untested branch.  I applied your patches, I have no intention of using
> beziers anyway.
>
> Now doing a recompile, I may have other troubles on my little 32-bit cpu. Just a
> warning, not an error but this doesn't look right- it seems 'data' expected to
> be 64 bits?
>

> pov_base::Moov::WriteInt8(pov_base::OStream*,

> base/animation/moov.cpp:452:31: warning: right shift count >= width of type
> [enabled by default]
>      file->Write_Byte((data >> 56) & 255);

Yes, some problem there too. You shouldn't worry too much unless you are
creating animation, this code looks like it is writing some video output. I
didn't notice this because I'm compiling on a 64 bit machine (BTW my
malloc-related problem described in a previous post is still there in this new
master)

Let me know how povray runs in a model 2. I also work with Raspies, but only
model 1 for now, and that is probably too slow for attempting running povray.
Model 2, on the other hand, is probably fast enough, no?

Test some povray scripts and see what happens.

Tom