POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca : Re: Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca Server Time
10 May 2024 22:47:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling with Linux Mint Rebecca
From: kolloid
Date: 9 Feb 2015 19:45:00
Message: <web.54d953d07689db1e183614c90@news.povray.org>
"kolloid" <tom### [at] sobotanet> wrote:
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > Le 09/02/2015 21:25, kolloid a écrit :
> > (or where did you get it from ?)
> >
> > The 3.7-stable is one year old, and it worked at that time. But in the
> > meantime, they changed automake and its default (someone never heard
> > about backward compatibility, on the same line as someone at boost never
> > heard of it either some years ago).
> >
> > The master branch have that part fixed (and more).
>
> Well, the default download is the 3.7-stable release, which is what I installed.
> Now I downloaded master and will compile that, to see what happens.
>
> Agreed about automake. You end up having several incompatible versions
> installed. Crazy ...
>
> Tom

Ok, I built master. As you said, it's been fixed and now it compiles without
problems. That's the good news.

The bad news is that it bombed on the first script that I tested it with. On the
second script also. A malloc corrupting memory somewhere. Tomorrow I will
compile it with debug flags to see what is going on.

So I reinstalled 3.7-stable and this runs perfectly...

Tom