POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : height_field name in a macro : height_field name in a macro Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  height_field name in a macro
From: Alexis
Date: 2 Feb 2015 17:00:00
Message: <web.54cff22e70575c0d9fbf62e70@news.povray.org>
Here is a simplified version of a macro I wrote:

#macro my_macro(picture_name)
  #local my_hf = height_field {picture_name};
#end

When I call the macro with some picture name :
  my_macro("the_pict_name")
I get the following error message :

"Parse Error: Expected 'map file spec', string identifier found instead"

I get no error when I replace the line inside the macro with :

  #local my_hf = height_field {"the_pict_name"};

I've tried to put the picture with my application include files and in other
folders of my system include files with the same result.
By the way, I use Pov_Ray 3.7 unofficial on a mac.
Any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help.