POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : boost max_trace_level? : boost max_trace_level? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  boost max_trace_level?
From: John
Date: 31 Jan 2015 17:05:01
Message: <web.54cd4f60752b9a80443c81420@news.povray.org>
I am using Yvo's 3.7.0 RC6 unofficial (Universal 64 bit, Dec 14 2012) in OS X to
research turbulence models in the atmosphere, using clipka's focal_blur camera
that allows you to specify the number of test rays.

However, I've bumped into the max_trace_level limit of 256.

Any chance of making a special edition for OS X/Yosemite that boosts this limit?

Although I haven't published my research results yet, I do have a whimsical
POV-Ray picture of what I'm up to at

https://cns.utexas.edu/news/visualizing-science-2013

Sincerely,
John Kuehne