POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Blurry reflection shortcut : Blurry reflection shortcut Server Time
28 Apr 2024 02:58:01 EDT (-0400)
  Blurry reflection shortcut
From: Mr
Date: 27 Jan 2015 14:25:00
Message: <web.54c7e4a4854c5930f4fc009d0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
While adding Uberpov's blurry reflections in the Blender expoter, It seemed to
work well, but after a few seconds I realized: there I am  waiting for a uniform
grey sky sphere to get "blurred" forever!

So this is the first request:
if a ray from a surface meets only the sky_sphere and that this skysphere
happens to have no pattern or image texture, just pigment or simple gradient,
namely absolutely nothing to get blurred, could this surface point get always
excluded from the blurry reflection calculation?

The second request is derived from the first and can be observed in blender
internal renderer feature, Reflection Max Distance, max_dist and fade_to :

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Materials/Properties/Mirror

Could there be a max distance parameter (that distance being measured away from
the reflected surface) for reflections after which, the reflection would not be
calculated,replaced by reflective material color itself or by sky color as a
second option and untill which the calculated reflection would progressively
fade to the said color.