POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Development in POV-Ray : Re: Development in POV-Ray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 16:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Development in POV-Ray
From: bakom
Date: 24 Jan 2015 11:40:00
Message: <web.54c3ca375f3d0465fa77b3bb0@news.povray.org>
> Am 19.01.2015 um 16:45 schrieb bakom:
>
> > I am a beginner in POV-Ray. Is there any area which you want to suggest me to
> > start(by which I can enter in developers castle through C programming or using
> > three.js, a javascript 3D library ).
>
> POV-Ray is written in C++, so experience with that programming language
> is essential if you want to help develop POV-Ray.
>
> You also need to be familiar with POV-Ray to some degree.
>
> Based on your reply, maybe your expertise is actually more useful in
> developing utilities, rather than POV-Ray itself? From your web page, I
> gather you have done a bit of work on exporting from BRL-Cad to POV-Ray;
> such an exporter - and further work on it - might make for a valuable
> contribution to the POV-Ray ecosystem in its own right. As far as I
> know, there's no other free professional-grade solid-geometry CAD
> package with POV-Ray export out there yet.

Yes, I am working on it. Along with that I have done lots of things with BRL-CAD
in last months. But aside from that, I would like to work with POV-Ray community
on 3D maths.
As you suggested me to work on 3D maths for POV-Ray, I want to start my new
journey with it :). As it also helps in game development. I have started reading
a pdf for 3d maths
http://fivedots.coe.psu.ac.th/Software.coe/241-213/F.Dunn,%20I.Parberry%20-%203D%20Math%20Primer%20for%20Graphics%20and
%20Game%20Development.pdf
So I will feel so proud to work on it.