POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Re: Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:36:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: gregjohn
Date: 22 Jan 2015 22:40:01
Message: <web.54c1c245c5bc37d6d44a22e40@news.povray.org>
I found the offending code:

#declare mouthsplines=  //
        spline {
        linear_spline

        #declare n=0;
        #while(n<numchars)

        voiceframes[n]/final_frame, moutharray[ asc(substr(voicechars,n+1,1))],
        #declare n=n+1;
        #end
}

and the weird thing is that with Kff=1  dividing something by final_frame gives
a divide by zero error (dividing by one??).

In povray 3.6, it just gave an error message, but somehow the scene rendered
correctly, maybe almost as if the final_frame were actually counted as "1".

In povray 3.7, there is no error message, but it's like povray just decided to
delete the object associated with the error.  And the association seemed to
destroy all transforms associated with the object.

I just rendered a few scenes in 3.7 with kff=1: I get people with shoes "Left
Behind".
With kff=2, I get two frames with my family intact.