POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 : Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7 Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:54:50 EDT (-0400)
  Complex transformations: 3.6 vs. 3.7
From: gregjohn
Date: 22 Jan 2015 12:25:01
Message: <web.54c1322726f8b305a9b6c9220@news.povray.org>
Please find enclosed two renderings of the exact same scene file, one with
povray 3.7.0 official, the other with 3.6.  The scene file contains several
characters. Some are very complex blobs (whereby individual components undergo
multiple, compound transformatios), and have a complex texture applied to them.
The "wooden guy" (3rd in back row) is however nothing but simple spheres
(undergoing the same complex transformations).

Note that the people are all missing with 3.7!

If there were some new rule-of-thumb that would allow me to quickly fix the
scene, please let me know.  Could it be that povray is "not allowing" compound
transformations?

Here are just a few lines of the (possibly offending) code, which explain what I
mean by compound transformations:

//----------START CODE SNIPPET

#declare lumbartrans= transform{rotate lumbarang translate hippvt +hiplift }

#declare ribtrans=    transform{rotate ribang    translate ribpvt-hippvt
transform{lumbartrans}}
#declare rclavtrans=  transform{rotate rclavang  translate rclaviclepvt-ribpvt
transform{ribtrans}}
#declare lclavtrans=  transform{rotate lclavang  translate lclaviclepvt-ribpvt
transform{ribtrans}}

#declare necktrans=transform{rotate neckang translate neckendpt-ribpvt
transform{ribtrans}}
#declare headtrans=transform{ scale 1.0 rotate headang translate
headpvt-neckendpt transform{necktrans}}
#declare hiptrans= transform{rotate hipang translate hippvt+hiplift}
#declare jawtrans= transform{rotate jawrot translate jawpvt-headpvt
transform{headtrans}}

// ----------END CODE SNIPPET

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'alldance06_2015_370rc71.png' (20 KB)

Preview of image 'alldance06_2015_370rc71.png'
alldance06_2015_370rc71.png