POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : fabric simulation : Re: fabric simulation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:07:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fabric simulation
From: jhu
Date: 8 Jan 2015 01:00:00
Message: <web.54ae1bf2d1f9e5add19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:

> I find Blender to be a massive pain to use.  I can't import my models into it
> from povray, which is the only place I ever create models, and the interface is
> a clunky mass of mystery meat.

It's a clunky mess because you're not used to it. That will be the same no
matter what program you use (AutoCAD, Maya, 3D Studio Max, etc.).

> Aside from that, you're left trying to find a triangle resolution that doesn't
> leave the surface looking patchy.

You can use smooth shading. This gives good results even at low mesh
resolutions.

> I tried using Megapov's cloth simulator, once, and felt that there were way too
> many parameters.

Cloth is pretty complex. If Povray were to integrate what you linked, there will
unlikely be less parameters.