POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is POV-Ray still under development? : Re: Is POV-Ray still under development? Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:34:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is POV-Ray still under development?
From: Mr
Date: 7 Jan 2015 04:10:00
Message: <web.54acf4ad8f7bf0eb16086ed00@news.povray.org>
> Am 05.01.2015 um 17:31 schrieb Mr:

> >> You should check out Uberpov, especially its stochastic rendering option.
> >> Finally unbiased!
> >
> > Any idea whether Clipka's Ghosting feature is to be included in the next
> > version?
> > I don't mean stochastic, just ghosting, and eventually what about blurry
> > reflexion?
>
> Both features rely on stochastic rendering mechanisms.

Ok, I thought the blink feature did not...
This pushed me to make my first try at UberPOV and directing the exporter to use
it. Everything went smoothly, instructions added in the exporter's wiki:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Render/POV-Ray#Rendering_with_UberPOV

I must say I am not a big fan of QMC/stochastic rendering, since its grainy
shadows is what first made me choose POV-Ray over all the other open source
renderers available that all used it then. this choice was at the expense of
sampled features like blurry reflections, but allowed absolutely noise free
images in a (quite) relatively short time. I was hoping that the "blurry
features" would be provided differently in POV than in these other noise makers.
But I surrender, thanks to all the other features of POV-Ray, making this choice
acceptable for completing the feature set of this wonderful renderer and making
it almost production ready. :) Thank you.