POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Puddle wip : Re: Puddle wip Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:42:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puddle wip
From: s day
Date: 24 Dec 2014 11:20:00
Message: <web.549ae6ad6faacf482259c5730@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.52c1498885bcdecd90cbcd420@news.povray.org%3E/

> I let myself be inspired by the photograph by Bill's daughter and the
> engraving by MC Escher.
>
> Height_field entirely based on a GIMP image; Red Oak leaves scanned from
> RL in the neighbourhood.
>
> The challenge for me is now to get the positioning of the leaves better
> in relation to the height_field and - where overlapping - with each
> other. Not sure yet how I am going to solve that...
>
> Thomas

Looks good so far, if you are trying to be more like the Escher image I think a
brighter sky and less ripples on the water are required the ground/sand looks
really great though.

I agree that the leaves are probably the weakest part of the image currently
especially where they overlap the ground.

Sean