POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Puddle wip : Re: Puddle wip Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Puddle wip
From: MichaelJF
Date: 23 Dec 2014 15:00:01
Message: <web.5499c9946faacf487c41ad470@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.52c1498885bcdecd90cbcd420@news.povray.org%3E/

> I let myself be inspired by the photograph by Bill's daughter and the
> engraving by MC Escher.
>
> Height_field entirely based on a GIMP image; Red Oak leaves scanned from
> RL in the neighbourhood.
>
> The challenge for me is now to get the positioning of the leaves better
> in relation to the height_field and - where overlapping - with each
> other. Not sure yet how I am going to solve that...
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

what Kind of object are the leaves? The sand is an height_field I understood,
are the leaves meshes or height_fields too? A possible way may be to convert the
height_fields into meshes. Most likely you must modify the macros be Rune
(shapes.inc) to meet your needs. IIRC the meshes can be converted to OBJ with
PoseRay. Then the dressing room in Poser may help. Just a silly idea, never done
this before. But I would give it a try. I know you have all this resources.

Best regards,
Michael