POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage : Re: Secret Passage Server Time
16 Jun 2024 16:34:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage
From: s day
Date: 10 Dec 2014 06:30:01
Message: <web.54882e3257f3769a94986c380@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> LOL!
> Many thanks, Sean.
>
> Wonderful (as usual) - and I've to ask pardon for mentioning a certain
> "emptiness" in the upper and right parts of the image...
>
> By the way - nice mushroom and use of snow.
>
> Norbert

No pardon required, that is certainly something that needs improving when I come
back to this scene in the future.

The mushroom and snow did not make the final cut for this scene but I left them
in the source. The snow really needs SSLT (I would only set it to about 2 on the
settings at the top of the file) with sslt it looks pretty good but that was for
an earlier version, I was planning on making the creature in the tree a sort of
jack frost character and therefore having snow around his home etc. but decided
against it and went for a less seasonal theme. I still might do a snow version
though (maybe something to leave rendering over the christmas holiday if it uses
SSLT!).

I also really wanted to have a different variety of plants around the border of
the pond so that is also on the to do list for later versions.

Thanks

Sean