POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stock textures and radiosity : Re: Stock textures and radiosity Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stock textures and radiosity
From: Robert McGregor
Date: 30 Nov 2014 09:45:00
Message: <web.547b2ca2785b693691114470@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> wrote:
> Second note: Bryce 7 has the ability to bake Light Probes for HDRI, and I was
> wondering if this sort of thing could be done natively in povray using a fisheye
> camera.

I've created many HDR images in POV-Ray for use as image-based lighting (IBL)
and environment maps.

Use a spherical camera and render a scene at a 2:1 aspect ratio (e.g., +w2048
+h1024) and output the image as EXR using +fe

You can then wrap the image around a sphere using map_type 1 for the image_map
and a finish having some ambient and/or emissive value (e.g., ambient 1 emission
1)

www.McGregorFineArt.com