POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stock textures and radiosity : Re: Stock textures and radiosity Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:46:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stock textures and radiosity
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 29 Nov 2014 20:35:00
Message: <web.547a7427785b69361538d4890@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > I'm working on a scene using textures from stones.inc, and I've noticed large
> > differences in the appearance of certain textures when rendered with radiosity.
> >
> > the left side is without radiosity, the right side is with.  The primary texture
> > is T_Stone43 and the secondary is T_Stone39
>
> On the left, the ambient part of the textures makes them visible.
> On the right side, there is NO ambient, and obviously, there is no
> actual light (snip)

There is light, it's just not in this area.

> You can add a skysphere whitch, by default, is emissive.
> You can add at least one actual light_source.
> You can add some large object with
> texture{pigment{rgb 1}finish{emission 1}}

I have six light sources.  There is no difference in lighting between the two
samples. Granted the part I'm wondering about is in moderate shadow, but it
should be receiving some of the light.  The primary texture is at least the same
color when rendered with radiosity, which indicates to me that the color of the
secondary relies too much on it's ambient value.

Regards,
A.D.B.