POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses : Re: CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Nov 2014 20:20:01
Message: <web.546406c054566a485e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

> The first three stages (radiosity pass, spectral render, and spectral composer)
> took 35 hours and 9 minutes, which is 23% less time (or 31% faster) than my
> estimate of 45 hours and 55 minutes.  Here's hoping that the remaining stages
> (42 hours and 2 minutes estimated) will also surprise me.

I'm wondering what your system specs are. (and everyone else's)
I seem to recall there was someone looking to use this cloud stuff to render
images...  that would be cool.
There was also some sort of astronomical project where you could donate cpu time
- that would be sweet to do with POV-ray.  I know a guy who'd give me old
laptops for 15 FRN's apiece.  Get them all on the wireless network and
distribute the render across them...   yeah...  :)