POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses : Re: CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CGSphere WIP: stacked convex lenses
From: MichaelJF
Date: 12 Nov 2014 12:50:01
Message: <web.54639da154566a48faec5d2b0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> "Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> > Spectrally rendered.  Nightmarish render times.  Attached is an early draft.
>
> I must add that this was inspired by Richard Roseman's "Glass Panels":
>
>   http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?submission_id=85

I know that there are restrictions to the background, but one has some freedom
to design this grid. As all I understood so far, the grid must be recognisable.
I think a white marble texture or something alike should improve the image
without destroying your effort with the spectral rendering. But marble invites
to subsurface scattering prolonging the rendering time to eternity...

Best regards,
Michael