POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Meet the Major [wip] : Re: Meet the Major [wip] Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:10:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meet the Major [wip]
From: s day
Date: 10 Nov 2014 18:40:00
Message: <web.54614c9128465deca47478650@news.povray.org>

> For the time being, a stand-in. Missing rungs is a render issue. This is
> improved with stochastic rendering, although render time is much
> increased. I still have to experiment for the best balance.

Do you still get the same issue with focal blur?

> The ground texture itself will not really be changed. It is supposed to
> be related to so-called 'patterned grounds' in periglacial areas.
> However, I have now added rocks etc. Maybe more is needed...

Indeed, having googled periglacial I see that something I think does not look
natural is in fact a very natural phenomenon. If anything compared to the images
I have just seen your texture is not uniform enough but I realise this is not a
work aiming at realism.

I look forward to seeing the next post and being educated further ;-)

Sean