POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rose Garden, final version : Re: Rose Garden, final version Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rose Garden, final version
From: MichaelJF
Date: 10 Nov 2014 13:25:01
Message: <web.546101eb8dfc44297b7e0b710@news.povray.org>
Thank you both very much.

"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> And much better it looks too, I have never used DF3 files before so this is a
> black box for me and I have no idea how difficult it is.
>
> Sean

In fact I combined the approach of Bill Pragnell with the makecloud macro by
Gilles Tran. Bill filled the csg-difference of a mesh with a slightly smaller
scaled one with media. I used this difference to pass it through the
makecloud-macro to obtain df3-files and used a box to place several media - one
for every item - into it, since one should avoid overlapping media container. So
it is possible to give them different colors and density maps. The main problem
is the proper scaling and positioning of this media within the container.

Best regards,
Michael