POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
13 Jun 2024 20:09:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Nov 2014 00:15:00
Message: <web.545b032acbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Another thought would be to add no_shadow to any parts of the scene that are
> casting this but I suspect that may end up looking unrealistic.

I just ran that through my head a few times, and maybe unioning a no_shadow
object and one with an rgbf value would allow "dialing-in" the amount of shadow
it throws.  I don't mind the shadows, but perhaps softening them might have some
benefit.

> I created a
> lantern a while back which had a light source inside the lamp and that worked OK
> so I am sure it is fixable. maybe if you can post the code to create the entire
> light fitting I can have another go (once my PC has finished rendering my
> current version of my tc-rtc entry).
>
> Sean

Thanks Sean,
I'm getting the hang of working with this, though you're welcome to have the
fixtures to play around with.  No telling what you may come up with.  At some
point I'll get back to working on a mammoth WIP (approx. 400' x 400' facility) I
started a while back, and I'm probably going to need to learn about modeling
light fixtures and probably these "light groups" that I've yet to try....
Maybe radiosity without traditional light_sources is the way to go with that...

I'm looking forward to see where you're taking your interpretation of the topic
- I just today saw all the entries for Part 1.  It's inspiring, humbling, and
intimidating all at the same time.  :)   Hope you're making good progress and
getting the results you want.

I think the multiple layers of shadows in this are really cool - maybe I'll do
something that's composed almost entirely of shadows in the future...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ceilinglamps.inc.txt' (16 KB)