POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:56:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: s day
Date: 5 Nov 2014 05:40:02
Message: <web.5459fd60cbb3d81597b9a8510@news.povray.org>
> I'm gonna guess that this is a max trace level issue...

Hi,

Had a quick look at your light bulb source file and I think there are 2 possible
fixes for this issue if you want to keep the bulb shape.

1) remove the screw part of the lightbulb as it seems to be casting the shadow.

2) use an area_light for your bulb as below:

 light_source {
     <0, 0, 0> rgb <1, 1, 1>*0.4
        area_light
        <4, 0, 0> <0, 0, 4>
        4, 4
        adaptive 0
        jitter
        circular
        orient
  looks_like {
   union { object {Filament}
    sphere {<0, 3.5, 0>, 1.7 pigment {rgbf <1*Flare, 1*Flare, 0.5*Flare, 1>}
finish {specular 1} }
    }
    translate <0, 0, 0>
   }
 }

Both seem to work with the simple demo file I created.

Sean