POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Nov 2014 08:05:00
Message: <web.5458cecbcbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> On 4-11-2014 4:12, Bald Eagle wrote:
> > I'm gonna guess that this is a max trace level issue...
> >

> But radiosity is switched off in this scene surely??
>
> Thomas

It surely was, but enabling it didn't do much except add a bit of "fill light"
to the dark region.  I'm no longer sure it's a max_trace_level thing, since I
commented out the glass of the bulb, and raise MTL from 5 to 7 ....  Must have
something to do with the looks_like {Filament}?

I've only ever tried using light bulbs or looks_like a few times before, and
it's always a frustrating experience.