POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Refraction is iffy through media : Re: Refraction is iffy through media Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:08:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Refraction is iffy through media
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 30 Oct 2014 17:55:01
Message: <web.5452b347fd6ad054192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
> I was able to render the attached image by making the changes outlined
> in the in-lined patch file. Indeed it looks like we need collect to be
> on in the refraction block and this doesn't match the recommendation in
> the documentation for glass-like objects as I understand it.

Collect on does the trick.  Mysterious.  Perhaps the dev team can shed light on
this, but they haven't weighed in yet.  (My days of heavy-duty coding seem to be
over; I cannot take the stress.)

None of your other changes were necessary, nor were they sufficient in my tests.

You shall get a shout out in the next update of BeamTest.