POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dandelion : Re: dandelion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 09:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dandelion
From: LanuHum
Date: 19 Oct 2014 02:50:01
Message: <web.54435ec029a2be8f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Particle systems (Hair) for a dandelion :)
>
> Looks pretty good, maybe the hairs are a bit too straight but this probably
> wouldn't show up other than at high res/close up.

It is possible to adjust a bend, but for this purpose it is necessary to use
sphere_sweep that much more will increase time of a render

> Are you going to put the whole thing together and texture it, would be
> interesting to see the comparison. I expect yours will be much better for memory
> consumption.
>
> Sean

I haven't enough time to create a full scene.
Perhaps, I will make it later.
:)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dandelion_sphere_sweep.jpg' (301 KB)

Preview of image 'dandelion_sphere_sweep.jpg'
dandelion_sphere_sweep.jpg