POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dandelion : Re: dandelion Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dandelion
From: LanuHum
Date: 18 Oct 2014 02:10:00
Message: <web.5442036429a2be8f7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:

> Not bad, that is the kind of shape of leaf I started out trying to make but with
> a macro those edges were too difficult so I googled dandelion leaves and picked
> a smooth edged variety for my one.
>
> Sean
For creation of model of a leaf in the Blender
1. googled and loading of the image
2. decolouration in GIMP and export to BMP
3. converting in SVG in Potrace
4. import of SVG to Blender
5. extruding of a curve
6. converting of a curve in mesh
7. use of the remesh modifier for creation of the correct grid
8. use of the lattice modifier for deformation of a leaf
:)