POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dandelion : Re: dandelion Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:45:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dandelion
From: s day
Date: 16 Oct 2014 18:40:00
Message: <web.5440489529a2be8f34a410c0@news.povray.org>
"Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 16:45:05 +0200, s.day <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
>
> I suppose a sunflower leaf will be extremely difficult with those jagged
> edges. I remember how I struggled with that on my sunflower scene.

You suppose correctly, thought I would give it a go and the result is not good,
suffers the same problem as my dandelion leaf, the more I try to add the stepped
edges the larger the crease effect becomes on my mesh. I give up trying to do
this one and will look for nice smooth edged leaves for future experiments ;-)

Even the texture of a sunflower lef is more difficult to get right.

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sfleaf.jpg' (27 KB)