POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dandelion : dandelion Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  dandelion
From: s day
Date: 15 Oct 2014 10:50:00
Message: <web.543e88719c6065c9347150680@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I added some leaves to my dandelion, still going to tweak the texture on the
stem and probably add a bit more of a bend to the stem but other than that I
think the model is complete.

It is all made in SDL, fortunately there is a large variety in shape for
dandelion leaves so I could create a macro to generate a leaf with a bit of
randomisation added for the shape. I am pretty pleased and am sure I can tweak
it for different kinds of leaves in the future (the dandelion is more difficult
due to the pointy bits going up the sides).

Each leaf is a single a mesh with a cylinder for the stalk at the bottom. The
mesh is created using 3 splines, one for each side of the leaf then a central
one. I then step along the splines and create 2 splines going across the leaf
using points along these 3 splines and then traverse along these splines to
build the triangles for the mesh.

turned out better than I could have hoped for and as it is a macro they can be
randomised a lot.

I will clean up and make the parameterisation a bit more useful then post this,
might try a few other leaf based experiments now I am started..

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dandelion.jpg' (32 KB)