POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Making functions for natural cubic splines : Re: Making functions for natural cubic splines Server Time
30 Apr 2024 17:36:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making functions for natural cubic splines
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Oct 2014 23:30:00
Message: <web.543de9d05b2bbe7b5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> > A bigger improvement would be if I actually attached the file.  :\
>
> I've now modified that JustBasic file so that it makes a 2D plot of the X(T),
> Y(T) and Z(T) splines.

T.O.K. = "Quick study".  Nice work.

Yeah, that's cool.
I'm sure it would be a lot cooler if I understood what to do with that...

Unfortunately, when I tried to:

for p = 0 to N
    #grid, "size 5"
    #grid, "down"
    #grid, "color pink"
    #grid, "set "; XX(p); " "; YY(p)
    #grid, "up"
next p

in that space to see where the original (x,y) coordinates would be, that didn't
work out so hot.

This must be some "T"-space, or "affine"-something-or-other that has to get
mapped back into "x,y"-space, or something like that.
Yeah.  That sounds good.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm like the short lady who needed my help getting
the butter off the back of the top shelf of the fridge in the supermarket....

Do you guys have crayons and sock-puppets?