POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : TekWallPuzzle : Re: TekWallPuzzle Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TekWallPuzzle
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 11 Oct 2014 05:10:01
Message: <web.5438f233376dde07efed510f0@news.povray.org>

> and this continues in the full method as we layer the repeats. Is the
> trailing repeat partly folding or collapsing the spatial coordinates of
> the one before it?
>
> Bill P.

This is right, if I watch at the results.
Repeating your renders I got left the expected (only rotation), but after a
single rotation and warp there is the discontinuity. Adding another rotation and
warp (third from left) and with fA = 10 the result is strange.

Obviously the warp displaces the rotated pattern one unit in y axis. Since
scaling doesn't match the pattern, you see one discontinuity. After a second
rotation and warp you see two lines of discontinuity (enlarging would clarify it
more). Every rotation + warp adds another discontinuity...

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lace patterns 3.jpg' (655 KB)