POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:03:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2014 16:05:01
Message: <web.54383be7cbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Well, the truth about those missing values is more along the profane
> Microsoft lines: They have been reserved for /some/ other fancy mappings
> since so long ago - without ever actually being implemented - that even
> the memory of /what/ mappings those were supposed to be is lost in the
> absorbing and scattering media of time.

Yes, I've had a number of "This Space Reserved" issues.
Now if only I'd taken that 2 seconds to add the comment in the code...

This also makes me wonder of you can map things onto media....  :O

> Worth trying at least.

Touche'.

I've hand coded my ceiling lamps out of spheres, cylinders, cones, and sphere
sweeps, so now I'm going to take a whack at the medallion.  I might see if I
have enough interconnecting brain cells to plot pixels varying in grayscale
value with the sine of the distance from the origin, make that a heightfield,
and then slap my image map onto that...