POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Optical cloaking : Re: Optical cloaking Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Optical cloaking
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 10 Oct 2014 10:00:01
Message: <web.5437e6549d3a84f45e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:

>  Sure thing, free time used up now!  :)

It does seem to happen like that, doesn't it?

> Just a hack but I think it's basically
> what they're doing if I understood it right. Objects avoiding the narrow
> refracted area are not seen. No idea how each lens is shaped but this scene file
> seems to do the trick, aside from edge distortion which could possibly be
> reduced or eliminated by either increasing lens size within rings or thickening
> the rings.

There were some videos of the lab setup, and it seems you've got the arrangement
put together accurately.  Nice job!

I haven't ever used photons, and with my slow little laptop it may be a while
yet before I ever do.  That slowed the render down by a factor of 100 or
1000...!

Thanks for indulging my curiosity with your skills