POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Oct 2014 23:50:00
Message: <web.54375641cbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'm about done with edits for the day.

Thomas - thank you for sharing some of your texture collection.  I took some
time and fiddled with the second texture, jimmied the color map, and scaled it.
That seemed to give me a good start.
Laid down a loop of randomized boards for the floor - still needs work, I'd say.

Worked on the border and molding at the top of the fireplace.  Too stupid today
to difference the bevels.  Sometimes it's the simplest things that thwart me.
:\

Brick step texture is still botched.

Edited both stones.inc files to change everything to srgbt - maybe there's a
difference, but it's small.  Might have to snip out the ones I'm using and tweak
all of those textures in a special include file.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to work on adding ceiling fixtures and seeing what I
can do to make some real furniture.  THAT's gonna be a bit of a sticky wicket
for sure.

I was thinking about UV-mapping an SDL object with a ceiling medallion, but that
turned out to be an exercise in mind-bending frustration.  So many mapping types
and options and how to go about nesting what in what...

Is there a complete list of the mapping types?  all I found was

2.7.4.2 Map type constants
Plane_Map = 0
Sphere_Map = 1
Cylinder_Map = 2
Torus_Map = 5

But the docs say there is mapping for
bicubic_patch, box, lathe, sor, mesh, mesh2, ovus, parametric, sphere, and
torus.  What are the numerical constants for these?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'medallion1.png' (82 KB)

Preview of image 'medallion1.png'