POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A hair ball I coughed up : Re: A hair ball I coughed up Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:50:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A hair ball I coughed up
From: LanuHum
Date: 8 Oct 2014 12:30:01
Message: <web.54356606342e6bae7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> +BM2 was set. It took 12 hours to render (vs. 10s in Blender), although 500k
> hairs is also a little overkill for something this small.

In my version of the exporter if hair aren't bent, it is possible to use
alternative of sphere_sweep - cone
On a screenshot time of a render of a ball is well visible: 4 minutes at the
same 500000 particles (processor - i3)
You can address to the developer of the official exporter (Mr) that he added the
same opportunity

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'round_hair.blend.jpg' (352 KB)

Preview of image 'round_hair.blend.jpg'
round_hair.blend.jpg