POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : secret passage WIP : Re: secret passage WIP Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:57:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: secret passage WIP
From: s day
Date: 7 Oct 2014 19:20:01
Message: <web.543474163190b943b9cb1c270@news.povray.org>
> On 07.10.2014 7:24, s.day wrote:
>
> I like the realism & normality of the scene. I think it is good
> this way, and needs only some element that after looking carefully
> for a second time you notice something is not quite right (probably
> only inside the hole). It is hard to judge currently if the stair
> alone does it because I can't see it well. Another possible way
> would be an illusion that shows a space or passage behind the
> hole that doesn't actually fit in the trunk.

That was another idea I had but the staircase was easier and like you I was more
inclined to realism than a fantasy scene.

> I'm also a bit unsure about the brown patch left of the tree,
> is it a wide part of a brook going behind the tree? Somehow the
> shape / color / reflections is not quite what I expect.

It is meant to be a pond, I have tried a few options here it uses a material I
have used in other scenes with HDR lighing (my starfish scene) but I think the
texture of the ground beneath is the cause of the problem as even to me it is
not that clear what it is meant to be so another area for improvment.

Thanks

Sean