POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : secret passage WIP : Re: secret passage WIP Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: secret passage WIP
From: s day
Date: 7 Oct 2014 18:50:00
Message: <web.54346d5d3190b943b9cb1c270@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> - Grass is much too uniform. So you can use

Thanks Norbert,

That's exactly what I am after, some great suggestions in here, I have seen
these images before and I did think about trying a texture similar to Jaime's
when I started on the grass macro then for some reason did not implement it (it
is a really great grass texture). Also, your vegetation scenes are always very
impressive so plenty to think about/work on here.

> like Avatar, Alice in wonderland, Oz or Maleficent. Here you need a darker
> atmosphere (a moonlit meadow?), media fog and some glowing plants or insects

Yes, I am stuck between a more fantasy type scene (not my normal) or a realistic
scene with an unexpected element in the staircase inside the tree. Not sure
which one will win yet but I will post the source code once completed.

Thanks

Sean