POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:39:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Oct 2014 12:50:00
Message: <web.54341912cbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Well, I like the sketch/design and it does look Victorian so I think it might be
> the brick wall around it in your image that is making it look out of place.

I don't have a firm idea of what Victorian looks like vs Edwardian or
Kardashian....  :)

> Always the problem I have commenting on WIP's, I never am quite sure what part
> are more WIP than others ;-)

It's all up for grabs at this point.  Have at it.
Other than the French doors that I'm not up for remodeling right now, and the
basic tunnel, it's all pretty much just a sketch with some texturing.

I'm looking to redo the room in wallpaper as suggested, add curtains, framed
paintings and mirrors, jazz up the fireplace with an ornate hearth and some
brass fireplace tools, do some work on the card table, and then maybe redo the
lighting.  I need some plants in the conservatory as well.

I'm not sure I'm happy with the little desk-lamps - I might see if I can do
something ceiling-mounted.

Part of why I wanted to take a stab at this is to learn how to do certain
things, do them better, and do them FASTER.  So, other than just the usual
comments and suggestions about the scene and its elements, I'm open and happy to
hear any and all suggestions about how to envision, arrange, and construct a
scene, lay out my SDL for efficient editing and revision, and where I can
benefit by using macros, loops, and interesting "tricks" folks have developed
throughout the years.  I'm loving the ability to render only a small section of
the WIP by selecting a box or using the command line options.  I haven't really
used Quick Colors, but often find myself rendering at Q5 - though that really
freaks me out sometimes when I forget it's set to that and certain features
(obviously) don't show up or are black).  Classic noob stuff.  :D