POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: mermaid (nsfw) : Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:07:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: mermaid (nsfw)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Oct 2014 17:15:01
Message: <web.5433052cf06154d05e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Further progress on my mermaid mesh, dubbed off a copy and rearranged it
> some to be posed to show what it could end up being able to do.
>
> --
> Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.sjcook.com

I like that angle a lot better than the original model!

The placement of the fins just seemed ... a bit odd to me, especially the dorsal
fin.  I'd be tempted to see how that looks if it were moved up nearer to between
the shoulder blades.
Maybe the ventral fins would be better suited placed mid-"thigh"?

Looking very cool in any event, and it ought to look amazing once some scales
are added, if the fish texture is what you're going for rather than the
dolphin/porpoise route.