POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
16 May 2024 22:07:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Oct 2014 17:05:01
Message: <web.543303accbb3d8155e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Also, not too sure about the metal work around the patio doors,
> I don't think I have ever seen anything like this.

well, not having any real idea what constituted a "conservatory", neither did I,
but I searched around to get an overall idea of what a Victorian conservatory
might look like, and went with the attached design.

> If you want I have an old model of a chair/throne (made way back in about 1998)
> it is not exactly what you have but seeing your 2D version reminded me of this
> one and I still have the source (although this was before I even knew how to use
> macros/while loops in POV so lots of cut and paste was involved so it may be
> very difficult to modify).

Holy smokes.  That must have been a really massive investment of time and
brainpower!
I'd be happy to model my own, if the investment in time doesn't outweigh all
else, though I'll need to figure out how to get a nice clean flow to something
so elegantly carved and organic in shape.  I might have an easier time doing it
for real with chisels and gouges.

If I'm not AFK due to work IRL, then I'll make a stab at working on constructing
scene elements, experimenting with camera angle and lighting, and enriching my
good-enough-to-get-the-idea textures.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '945_french_window_in_taylor_house.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image '945_french_window_in_taylor_house.jpg'
945_french_window_in_taylor_house.jpg