POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) : Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP) Server Time
17 May 2024 01:46:13 EDT (-0400)
  Secret Passage WIP (TINA CHeP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Sep 2014 20:10:01
Message: <web.5429f3c0df0b11825e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Here's what I've cobbled together with my limited skills so far.

I went with a completely literal representation of the topic.
(Hey - I actually read the book, so why not)

- The floor / tunnel are a giant block with a solid crackle pattern, a
transparent pigment, and an "inner" mortar block.
- Brick walls are macro-built (Jeff Lee) with same clear + mortar construction.

     (soot on fireplace is gradient black/clear image maps.  I need to back off
on it a bit)
- Candlesticks are from an IRTC entry
- Wood floor I think I nipped from Warp, and will be modified to give something
more suitable texture-wise and with varying individual planks
- Levitating lamps were modeled with EPSpline and lit with media, with much help
from Thomas, and which I seem to have broken. Again.
- Cards are image maps that I edited / varied in Paint.Net
- Carpet is an image map
- Furniture is all place-holder image maps until I figure out the best way to
model intricate Victorian era cruft.
- French doors and windows to the conservatory are CSG

[The thing on the floor is a label - was thinking I might put it in the scene
via screen.inc]

need to work on a card table (what's there is just a placeholder block)
My whist book got swallowed by the tabletop - oops.

Up to this point, I've mostly been working on making and including the "parts"
of the scene, and haven't devoted much time to placement, lighting, intricate
textures, etc.

Looking for comments and criticism, suggestions, inspiration, etc.
Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'secretpassage4.png' (1424 KB)