POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds : Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:01:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proof of concept: The wind in the reeds
From: MichaelJF
Date: 21 Sep 2014 15:45:00
Message: <web.541f29e7efc76542181323a20@news.povray.org>

> Not sure, but I think that /bending/ an object will be much slower to
> render, especially if there are 15000 of them ;-)

Yes, indeed, the rendering time is heavily increased with this approach. The
only option to reduce it a little bit is to give proper bounding boxes
(bounded_by) since bounding with csg-differences or -intersections are not
implemented as one would expect in POV. But I think this would be a very hard
job, and so I can understand, that this issue has not been addressed so far.

> > @Thomas: The Mud Maid at the "Lost Gardens of Heligan" (I spend my holydays this
> > year very close to this garden) is a sculpture consisting of mud, clay, cement,
> > gras, ivy and moss and she is laying at the left side of her body to the ground,
> > so no much grass at the left side if standing;-)
>
> Ah yes, the Lost Gardens! I unfortunately missed those when I stayed in
> Penzance many years ago. Only much later I heard about them. I hope
> /your/ Mud Maid will make it here or perhaps at the TC-RTC.
>
> Thomas

I really hope that this WIP will make it to the contest. At the moment I have no
idea to link my imagined image to the topic. May be the Men-An-Tol as a stargate
at the background, just to keep it cornish.

Best regards,
Michael