POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface pumpkin : Re: Isosurface pumpkin Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface pumpkin
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Sep 2014 08:25:01
Message: <web.5415884a85e51e8c5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I'm always impressed by what can be done with isosurfaces.
And it's even hollow!  :)
Next thing we know, there will be isosurface seeds and that spaghetti stuff...
;)

Thomas makes the point about coloration, and indeed there is usually some
spreading of the green from the stem out onto the surface, as well as the pale,
fish-belly yellow on the underside where it meets the ground.

I think acorn squash are visually determined to be ripe by looking at the
underside and seeing if it's orange.  I've always wondered what causes that
specific change in coloration - only where it's in contact with the soil.

Is this an adaptation of the equations for the isosurface apple?