POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why doesn't this work? : Re: Why doesn't this work? Server Time
1 May 2024 09:53:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why doesn't this work?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Sep 2014 11:00:01
Message: <web.540dc41b3faefec35e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> I think that the main problem resides in the definition of the sphere.
> Try this:

Tried.  Works.  _Thank You_
I was losing my mind.

> This initialises the sphere at the origin and only translates it to its
> final position when everything is in place.

Right-o.  I need to really discipline myself to do the Start-at-the-Origin
thing.
It avoids so many easily preventable problems.

> Also increase the radius to make the sphere visible at all. Somehow the scale
> of the density needs to be scaled up too.

The large scale is just a hold-over from the lathe / prism objects that I made
in EPspline, and finally got correctly oriented.  THAT was educational.
Likely the radius will wind up being more like _4_ instead of 100.

> However, I am not too sure how the flame should look like in the end.

I was really just trying to get _anything_ to show up, and figured that once it
was working, I could dabble with the details.  Hopefully something decent will
come of all this to make it onto tc-rtc...

Thanks again for the expert assistance!