POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... : Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color....
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Sep 2014 18:50:01
Message: <web.5404f734f238671d5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Did you try translating the texture slightly perpendicular to the wall -
> into the room, as it were?

No, I did not - though I should have thought of that.
I also tried scaling it along the x-axis, and that seemed to work too.

I'm still fighting with Pov-Ray about the syntax and heirarchical structure of
BRICK.   Right about now, I'm feeling as thick as one.   Cue Jethro Tull.

#declare White_Paint = material { texture {pigment {color White}  finish{diffuse
0.9 } normal {bumps scale <1, .1, .1>}} };

#declare White_Paint_T = texture {pigment {color White}  finish{diffuse 0.9 }
normal {bumps scale <1, .1, .1>} };

#declare White_Brick =  texture {brick texture {White_Paint_T}
     texture {White_Paint_T}
     brick_size <8, 8, 16>
     } ;

#declare White_Wall =  texture {White_Brick
    normal {brick brick_size <8, 8, 16> scale x*1.0625}
    finish {diffuse 0.9 phong 0.2}
    } ;

I've tried breaking things up, declaring an explicit TEXTURE, and the problem
I'm having is that POV shoots back  "line 116: Parse Error: No matching } in
'texture', finish found instead"
<whine>
But Pov-Raaaaaaay, normal and finish are _part of a texture definition_.  :(
</whine>

How do I get the brick and mortar to have a PAINT texture, and the WALL have an
overall BRICK normal?   I've searched around for an explanation or better yet a
working example, but haven't come up with much.