POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... : Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color.... Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:02:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick, material, texture, pigment, color....
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Sep 2014 10:25:01
Message: <web.5404810df238671d5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> >> It /might/ be because - surprise! - they're not PNG files at all; they
> >> have a .png extension, but really they're BMP files.

Yay!  It's always so comforting when Windows deceives me with a superficially
_believable_ lie.  :\

It's not POV-Ray's fault, it windows saving a cropped image as png but with the
bmp file format - and then displaying a thumbnail in the directory.
I'll look for a better bare-bones graphics program to do simple tasks.  No need
to load in Paint.net or the Gimp just to do a quick crop-paste...

I would still like to know what's going on with the brick normal...
If you look at the dimensions of the "unbanded" cinder blocks in the foreground
and background, they're oriented properly with the wall along either axis.

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.