POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modify already created object : Re: Modify already created object Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:50:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modify already created object
From: bublible
Date: 31 Aug 2014 07:15:01
Message: <web.5403034baf00b5afb91df8500@news.povray.org>
> Am 29.08.2014 22:48, schrieb bublible:
>
> > Another problem: I am not able find pattern that would do "radial gradient",
> > that is circle blending (normal gradient transform linear on x or y axis). I was
> > trying: onion, planar, wood...with all there is one big problem: I need to apply
> > it to polygon (simple square) STARTING FROM THE CENTER, but all those patterns
> > starting from a corner??? Being webdesigner I never saw anything like that cos
> > when I apply circle/radial gradient those are centric circles, not ones having
> > their center in a corner. I was trying to transalte its center but it did not do
> > what I was expecting...please, help again my friend if you can. :(
>
> Those patterns are not starting from a corner - they're starting from
> the coordinate origin (i.e. <0,0,0>). If you want it to start at e.g.
> <X,Y,Z>, apply translate the texture using "translate <X,Y,Z>".
>

> Maybe you should read the tutorial in the docs.

I DID READ IT BUT IT WAS OF NO HELP TO ME THEREFORE I AM ASKING HERE, DON'T YOU
THINK?!

Some time before I did exactly what you are advising me to do BUT all it does is
growing bigger NOT MOVING PATTERN CENTER...so what you are advising me to do
don't work as expected at all as I already try it out before as I said...but
thanx anyway.